Monday, July 07, 2008

Bear Lake



We took a fun short weekend trip up to Bear Lake for the 4th. We went up with T's parents, Ty and Brooke and Katelyn and her new boyfriend. Owen thought it was great that he got to stay in a room with all the big boys and sleep with daddy. Brooke, Katelyn and I shared another room with Leah. The kids loved running from room to room- it was probably their favorite thing about the whole trip. On Thursday we drove up and I spent the evening relaxing and watching HGTV while T and the guys went golfing. Friday morning we headed to Paris, ID- where T's mom used to spend a lot of her summers growing up. We went to the tabernacle for a 4th of July tribute thing, - the kids lasted for 2 songs and then we were out on the playground waiting for the others. We missed the parade and instead headed to the lake. Terrell had fun on the jet ski- Owen was a little to scared, maybe next time. Owen was in his element- water and sand and shovels and buckets. Leah loved the water too- she is a little more adventurous than Owen. It was a nice relaxing day, - especially since the kids had aunts, uncles and grandparents to watch them and play with them- I don't think I had to get out of my chair once!

We saw fireworks that night and had sparklers for the kiddlets. The city did a really nice firework show up on the the hill and a lot of people were lighting off big fireworks they bought in Evenston. I thought it was a pretty good show. The drive home was not so fun- Leah was cranky and I was super uncomfortable. We stopped in park City for lunch and shopping to break up the trip. I saw a guy I took to a preference dance in college and who I had a major crush on- since I was looking ( and smelling) lovely I ducked and avoided saying hi. Maybe if I had showered, and wasn't wearing denim stretchy pants ,I would have stopped to talk- I was just too embarrassed. Aren't I pathetic :)

Here are some pix from our trip.

This is the view from the Rohm's future cabin- hopefully it will get built before the kids are in college :)

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Who did you go to Preference with? I am racking my brain! I am gonna have to try and dig out pictures if you don't divulge his name.

foreveryoung said...

What a fun 4th of July, those weekend getaways are the best. I wish we could have seen you while we were up, but I hope you're feeling better!

Rohm Family said...

scott jolley

Adriana said...

how is it that you ladies have cinnamon skin and the men blinding ivory?

Janessa said...

Fun stuff! I love that first picture of Leah. So is that future cabin site for a cabin that you and T are going to build or your in-laws? It looks like a beautiful place to build one. You went to preference with a Jolley? Probably some relation somehow. Ha,ha!

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Sounds relaxing! I love the pictures of the kids and how Leah scrunches up her nose... to cute!

Chris and Logan said...

Looks like you had a blast! Gotta love summer time!
-Logan

nicole said...

Wes - I knew it was scott! (aka, your future husband. )i remember that dance - i went with poophead carl. You should've talked to him. I'm sure you have that pregnant glow that would have compensated for the stretch pants :)

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a darling pictures of Leah sliding!

Tasha Peterson said...

Wes I love the first pic that little face is too cute :)

Rochelle said...

I would have done the same thing:)

I love the pictures of the kids, very cute. Sounds like you had a fun time!

Chris and Logan said...

Nice pics. Tell Owen crack kills! J/k looks like a lot of fun!

Chris

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Thanks for your comment. I found the background at thecutestblogontheblock.com.