The basement:
The builder has finished putting in the pump- it was a long noisy week of jack hammering and digging out mud- I thought for a few days that our walls would collapse. I don't know if you can tell from the pix but they jack hammered and dug into the foundation of the walls so they looked like they were just floating on nothing. We ( Terrell and Ty) are repairing the walls and replacing the baseboards now so we can repaint and put the carpet back down. Hopefully it will be done in a month or so.
Easter:
This is what happens when you let a three year old have free reign over dying the eggs. It took 25 minutes of scrubbing to get the counter back to its normal color :) I didn't take pix of the kiddlets in their Easter clothes- I learned from last year- I will leave that to the professionals. Owen had much more fun this year on the egg hunt, he didn't care about the candy so much he just wanted to find the empty plastic eggs and then hide them for us to find. We also celebrated Terrell's birthday on Easter since he was out of town- 29!!
The big announcement:
I know a lot of you already know but I am finally making the "Big announcement". Terrell and I were surprised to find out that we are expecting another little one in August. I have been a little sick- not nearly as much as the first two pregnancies, but extremely tired and short tempered with the kiddlets. I am starting to feel better and have more energy these last couple of weeks- but today I am down in bed with a cold which makes all prego symptoms 100% worse. We found out last week we are having a little girl- which was another surprise. We were so sure it was a boy :) Since Leah and our new baby will only be 18 mo's apart, I am glad we'll have another girl. I hope they will be little buddies growing up. I just feel bad for Owen, he won't ever have a brother around his age to wrestle and run around with. I haven't posted earlier about our news because I wanted to surprise my friends who were also prego when I met them in Florida- but somehow they all found out so there was no surprise :)
Leah:
Our baby is (finally) taking some wobbly little steps. She is getting so big (so am I), and it is getting harder and harder to carry her around everywhere. I hope she is walking pretty steady by Spring so she can toddle around outside with Owen. She is so proud of herself and just beams up at you when she is walking.
Florida Trip:
Ahhhhh it was heaven. I spent 4 lazy warm days with old friends from high school/college on Treasure Island in the Tampa Bay area. It was so so nice- I can't even tell you how much I needed this. Highlights of the trip were laying out in the warm sun ( it snowed while I was gone), talking and laughing until we were crying till 3 am with friends, biking on the beach ( well a sidewalk along the beach), souvenir shopping for the husbands ( at a little black bag store- hehehehe), taking a dolphin cruise, going out to eat - and not having to do dishes or wipe up kids messes, watching the sunset on the beach, and sleeping in - see I told you it was heaven.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
nice burn! you know i still associate b&bw fresia scent to peeling long strips of skin off your back...
That looks so nice...except the sunburning.
And I am so sorry about your basement. Grrr, what a mess. I hope it is getting all better now.
I am sick for you about your basement! After all your hard work... What a fun Easter, minus the Easter egg dye. That looks all too familiar, that's why we do it outside now! And Florida....ahhh, what an awesome trip. I'm sure you've enjoyed being back with your kids now, especially watching little Leah taking her first steps, how exciting! PS-how are your tan lines? :)
Congrats! I had no idea! Wow...that is SO awesome. And Nicole! oh, my! I can't even believe it! I'm still sick over your basement! Just sick...I can't even think about it. So glad you had fun in Florida. Sorry about never getting back to you on that...I just now realized that I never did...things have been a little crazy.
So many things to comment on...I'm glad your basement is being fixed. What a nightmare though. I'm so sorry you have to go through all that! I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter. The pictures of Owen coloring his eggs are great! You can tell he's totally concentrated on the task at hand. Glad you got the cupboards un-dyed. Congrats on #3!!! That'll be fun to have a little girl for Leah to play with. We have a boy two girls and a boy. So far we're twiners! Our two boys are so cute together. It's deffinately a different relationship then it would be if they were closer in age, but they adore each other. Hey, now you'll have to get a mini van! That's so cute that Leah's walking. Yay! You're Florida trip sounds like so much fun! I totally got a splotchy sunburn on my legs too when we were in FL! I hate having such fair skin! Glad you had a fun and relaxing trip! Wow, that was a really long comment.
Post a Comment