Terrell said I should write a blog with this title.......
It has been a very sad two weeks for us. Terrell was out of town when I discovered our basement had flooded. So sad- I know :( Luckily I have very nice brother in laws who came over and spent hours pulling up carpet and moving furniture. The next night we had several neighbors come and help pull up all the rest of the carpet and pad and haul all the furniture into the garage, then spent hours digging out our window wells for sump pumps and vacuuming up water. The first three days were horrible. I hadn't cried so hard in exactly 5 years to the day- Feb 28. It doesn't help that my hormones are a bit out of whack :) We are adjusting to a smaller house again- moved Leah in with Owen and made Leah's room a TV/play/guest room- yep we still seem to have a steady flow of guests staying with us :). We finally got the computer hooked up in our room , so now I can respond to my 157 emails waiting for me.
Supposedly our builder is coming tomorrow to start on an extensive drain pump system. They will be jackhammering the perimeter of our basement floor- it should be a noisy week. I just hope they really do finish in a week as they said-I am kinda thinking it will take a month or two though- so I am not getting my hopes up. Sigh....
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor, poor Wes! That is terrible! And to have it happen when your hubby is out of town. All the work that you guys put into that basement. SO sad! I'm glad you had lots of people to help you out. I hope they get it taken care of quickly. I wish I was there to help out with something! Good luck!!!
Feb 28th--the day that will live in infamy . . .
Feb 28th--the day that will live in infamy . . .
SO SO SO SO SO SAD! I can't even imagine! I am SO sorry! I would have bawled and bawled. I will pray it all gets fixed soon. SO sorry!
Wes!
I had no idea. I am so sorry. Of course it happens with Terrell gone. So, why did it flood and is it going to flood often?
I must ask, you are going to Florida? What for? How fun. Give more details. I'll see if I can find the bikini shirt in maternity.
Are you pregnant??? First the hormone comment and now the bikini maternity shirt? You better tell me if you joined the club, or atleast clear up my suspicions!
I can not believe this happened to you!! I am so sorry, I can't even imagine...so was it the builder's fault? Are they going to pay for the damage? So many questions, I think I'll just call you tomorrow. One thing is for sure, you could definately use a nice relaxing vacation on the beach!
...and the house on the rock stood still! Sorry about your basement, but you still have the better half the house! Love ya, -A
Post a Comment