Thursday, February 21, 2008

I drive a grandma car


My sister likes to tease me about my car- it is very grandma-ish. On several occasions I have noticed elderly women checking out my car. Once at Wal-mart I parked next to a nice mini-van. While I was l strapping in the in the kiddlets and trying to squeeze boxes of diapers and 5 gallon jugs of apple juice in every crevice around the double stroller in the trunk. I looked at the van and couldn't help wanting it. Coming around the side of my car was the owner of the van, a little white haired old lady who happened to be looking in my windows. She had the same look I did "This is what I need". Old ladies can't resist that golden beige color, the low, soft, electronic seats and the large 2 inch square radio buttons and easy to use cassete player ( none of those complicated CD players).
I like to think I have skipped several generations of car ownership. I skipped the cool SUV stage that young 20 something mom's drive, the mini-van stage that more sensible mom's in their 30's drive, and the sporty little white number with the white leather interior that women drive when their kids have their own cars- I have jumped right to the last stage of car ownership. The Mercury Grand Marquis.
Did I mention my car is so long it won't fit in our garage- hehehe.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah Wes. I love it! Your car has character and it will probably keep you pretty safe if you are ever in an accident.
I should make you a mix tape. It's been quite a while since I've made one of those.

foreveryoung said...

You are such a crack up, Wes! Atleast you weren't pulling into the senior parking lot at highschool driving a Granada :) Not even the senior citizen center was envious of that! So what is the story behind the car? What were you driving before?

Adriana said...

just wait til owen's old enough to need rides to the movie theatre--he'll want you to skip back a few car owner generations...

Margaret said...

I agree with what Dran said, however, he might just ask you to drop him off a block before the theater to avoid any chance of embarrassment.

Misty said...

Wes...you are awesome. You just make me laugh!

Janessa said...

You are so funny! I think it's definately time to up-grade to a mini-van. Since you asked, we just got a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country and we LOVE IT! We haven't even had it for a month yet, but so far no problems:) It has a lot of cargo space for the double stroller and groceries and I love the way it drives. I highly recomend the DVD player and keyless entry. Have fun impressing all the grandmas out there!

flynn family said...

haha! I was cracking up laughing when I read this Wes. I have probably told you before, but I have mistaken you for a granny in your car more than once. Love that grannies are checking you out!

Laura said...

Hey Wesley! I just came across your blog. Yay! This entry cracked my up...you're hilarious!! It was fun having you at Girls Night Out last week! :)

Laura said...

Hey Wesley! I just came across your blog. Yay! This entry cracked my up...you're hilarious!! It was fun having you at Girls Night Out last week! :)

Laura said...

Hey Wesley! I just came across your blog. Yay! This entry cracked my up...you're hilarious!! It was fun having you at Girls Night Out last week! :)