*I have been a single mom for most of the last month- Terrell was in Malta ( tiny island country in the Mediterranean) Now he is in Georgia and will leave for Vegas as soon as he returns- sigh
Big Wave outside T's hotel in Malta- So beautiful! Other pix are of T's trip and a day spent in Rome.





* My "to-do" list is getting longer and longer. Lot's of the usual stuff : take Owen to the doc, plant Viburnums in back, make bridal shower invites for Ash, and arrange meals for the prego's in my ward. But a couple odd things are on the list too: ask crotchety old farmer in Oakley to borrow his horse, post a want ad on Craig's list for a cat, build a cave out of rocks in the backyard....
( Reason for the rock cave in the backyard...)
* Leah is teething and feels the pain at night. She is absolutely inconsolable and will scream and scream her lungs out. It makes for very tired long days.
* Owen chewed up the USB cord that connects the camera to the computer so I couldn't put any pix on the computer. I bought a new one on eBay and it took 17 days to arrive- sheesh. The day after I got it I saw Leah chewing on it- Good grief!
* Terrell took the camera with him to Malta so I was stuck with shooting film.
While we were out.....
Owen started preschool and loves it. This is a pix of him leaving for his first day- wasn't loving it so much. He goes with two other boys and a little girl. He is the youngest and still pretty shy but he is always excited to go now. I love having the mornings with just Leah and I- it is so relaxing :)

Owen turned three last month! It was a "Bob the Builder" birthday- his latest favorite toy. We celebrated at kangaroo Zoo and had a pizza party. I am so in love with this boy.

Terrell was in town for Halloween, so we went trick-or treating around his office and then to a couple houses around the neighborhood. Skipped out on the ward trunk-or-treat. I think they are a little lame. We were so surprised because Owen actually wanted to go trick-or-treating. He was too scared to ring the bell but he held his candy bag out just like a pro. I think I have eaten more of his candy than he has. He likes to remind me daily "Candy has too much sugar mom". Here are a couple pix of the kiddlets. Owen is a monkey and Leah the froggie this year.
Leah's first taste of candy- she's hooked now :)
Leah is almost crawling. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks and then face plants into the carpet. She has learned to wave and says "na na" for her binky. She is so much more social and talkative than baby Owen was- it is really fun to see their differences.
Cold little trick-or-treater
9 comments:
There better be a good business related excuse for Terrell traveling around the world without you! :) It sounds like he is having an amazing time and I'm glad that you are managing to hold down the fort while he's gone. It sounds like you've had a busy month--happy b-day to Owen; I'm glad he's enjoying school now; what adorable little trick-or-treaters you've got! Oh, and I can't believe you think ward trunk or treats are lame--ha! ha!
I'm with Jamie--why aren't you invited on the business trips?? :) Could it be the two kiddos? I'm having a rough day today--another 13 hour one by myself with the kids and feeling terrible for letting Carter watch 3 movies. I have a cold and no energy. What can I say? I'm glad your back--I've missed you!
I've been missing your posts! You've been absent from the blog with good excuse. I can't belive all the fun Terrell is having. Wow, what a neat trip. Someday you'll be able to tag along, right? I'm glad you're surviving on your own. That's a long time to be a single mom! I love your to do list, especially the random ones. Good luck on the rock cave. Your kids look adorable in their costumes. I'm glad Owen had a fun birthday. You've really been busy! Go Wes!!!
I'm so glad you posted. I forgot Terrell was going to Malta - it looks like it was beautiful. Next time you will need to go. I will watch your kiddies for you...somehow, from Seattle.
Cute pix, Wes! So hilarious that Owen ate the cord. Oh--and you've been tagged.
wes, I got the invite to Ash's bridal shower, it was beautiful. Almost worth missing a trip to Malta.. almost.
wes - true or false. owen's costume looks the exact same as the one you wore when we were fourteen. and why were our parents letting us trick-or-treat that old???
sounds like a bunch of good reasons...fun to hear about what we've been missing!
What are you going to do with the horse?
Post a Comment