( I wrote this a couple weeks ago- our internet has been down so I haven't been able to publish until today )
Leah is 6 months old now, we celebrated her half birthday last night with pizza and half a pink cake. I was trying to get a picture of Leah smiling with her half cake, in all the pictures you can see Owen's little arm reaching in and taking another strawberry off the cake, by the last picture ( still no smile) the strawberries were all gone :). Leah has two little bottom teeth now. She had a few fussy days while they were breaking through but she seems to be back to her angel self again. She loves to chew on everything now and Owen encourages her by sticking odd things in her mouth- blocks, spoons, his foot...
She is still a bit wobbly sitting up, but is perfectly happy on her tummy playing. I love this age!
Owen's latest favorite game is building "caves" with the couch cusions and his little blankets, especially around Leah- we have to constantly remind him that she needs a window and he can't cover her face with blankets. He also is really into his train and coloring again- it's funny how they go through phases with toy prefrences. I am sure in a couple months he will be into cars again. There are still three or four cars unopened above the refriderator that he has kinda forgot about, he is more intrested in earning gummy bears or popcicles these days. All day long he asks "why, mommy, why". I don't think he knows what it means, he just likes that I explain things more when he says it. A couple weeks he said "what" after everything I said- I was starting to worry about his hearing.
We are 8 months into potty training now- we were doing pretty good for a while- he even asked to poop on the potty, but now we are back to square one. He has stopped asking to sit on the potty and screams if we take him. He is no longer intrested in wearing underwear either- it is so frustrating!
Everyonce in a while Terrell chooses a little "project" to master, last fall it was the speedbag ( which is a lot harder than it looks), the summer before that was juggling. Well this summer Terrell has mastered the rubix cube. Yesterday he finally got it. I mixed it up for him and watched him solve it in about 8 or 9 minutes- way to go Terrell! The impressive thing is- he didn't even watch the videos on the web of how to solve it- he wanted to do it himself. Last night I told him his new project could be learning how to give the perfect back rub and he could practice on me everynight :)
The basement is coming along! ( Don't you love how I write a special section on the basement- like it is part of the family :) ) Terrell and a really nice neighboor put the tile in this morning and the carpet is coming by Friday. I suprised Terrell the other day by painting the bathroom a greenish color. He had already painted it a white-ish neutral color but it looked so boring to me, so on an impulse, I put Leah down for a nap turned Sesame street on for Owen and wa-la, repainted the bathroom.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are such a cute mom--a half b-day with a half cake, where do you come up with this stuff? I'm so impressed with Terrell and his goal to master something new, that's really cool. I'm glad the basement (the other member of your family-too funny) is coming along, I can't wait for pictures!
I was just getting ready to post a comment about missing my wes!! then surprise--you came up with a new post. I would die (literally) if my internet was down. I need some decor inspiration from you so post some pics soon!
You are so cute to do a half birthday. Were there supposed to be pictures on this post? I couldn't see any. The whole potty training thing can be such a nightmare! Good luck getting him back into it. I want to see basement pictures, too. Glad it's coming along well.
Post a Comment