Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thanksgiving!








Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving here- definitely not a lonely one :) Terrell's brother Ty got married the day before T-day so a lot of Terrell's family were in town. It was so fun to see everyone and Owen loved playing with his cousins so much it was hard to get him to go to bed before 9:30 everynight- and forget about taking a nap when there are uncles to wrestle with and granny around who always has soda. I ordered two precooked Holiday meals from Smith's for Thanksgiving. My sister and mother-in-law took over and heated and prepared other things, it was great- even though Thanksgiving was at our house all I did was make a salad and set the table. The rest of the day was spent napping and playing scrabble.
The wedding was beautiful, we love Ty's new bride Brooke, and of cour
se I cried through the whole thing.
Here are pix of wedding - I love dressing Owen like a little man
.

Owen loves his grandpa- he calls him Poppie, he visited us a few times this summer and still talks about him almost every day- He calls our car "Poppie's car"- because he drove it up here from Cali, he calls our futon "Poppie's bed" and he loves to tell stories about "Poppie's orange drill"



Not much has been going on lately with us, I have been feeling absolutely awful the past little while. My body hates being pregnant- I was in so much pain just walking and moving around, I even hurt while I was sleeping. The past three days I have been feeling so much better. I can actually walk without crying. I have one of those huge maternity support belts- it doesn't take the pain away but I use it to hold up my pants - it's great! When Owen finds it he tries to wrap it around his stomach- it's so funny how observant 2 year olds are. Today he was walking around with his stomach poked out as far as he could and he was grunting and groaning. I asked him if he was playing monster, he says " No, Owen's baby".

I was in the hospital last week for just a couple hours- a lot of steady contractions and weird stuff going on. Baby is just fine and thank goodness I wasn't in labor. I think it hit Terrell that this baby is actually going to come out one day- three days later he had the nursery painted before I even got out of bed- what a man.

I'm "nesting" like nothing else, and my ideas of organization projects keep me up for hours at night - two nights ago I got less than four hours of sleep because I kept thinking of the hall closet and how messy it always was. It took a lot not to get out of bed at 3 am with the measuring tape and redesign the whole thing- instead I resorted to watching infomercials. If anybody wants to get me a Christmas gift- I am sold on a "Sonic -blade" knife thing now.

The hall closet is done- it took a very long and exhausting trip to Home Depot and Walmart but it looks great- sometimes I walk by and open the door just so I can see how organized everything is- I'm a little nerdy.

We saw Santa at Costco last Saturday, Owen wasn't too excited about him. He has seen pictures of him in books and always points and says "Ho Ho Ho"- I don't think he thought he could actually be a real person. It took a lot of coaxing to get him to even stand by his knee, he even gave the candy cane back to him- not sure what it was, or who it was that was giving it to him. When he figured out it was candy- then it was a whole different story. Two days later I took Owen to Costco again to drop of film and he was looking for "Ho Ho Ho" with the "candy J's"- He was pretty sad that he wasn't there.

Terrell and I were invited to a "mocktail" party last weekend. It was so much fun to go to a party and get all dressed up- I pulled out the old Prom jewelry and got to wear my gold sparkly shoes I bought last fall and have never worn. We were actually out till almost midnight- that is pretty late for me who goes to bed sometimes before Owen does. Our friends went all out, and had every possible syrup, juice and mix for any fancy drink you wanted, and all the pretty glasses to go with them. The food was delicious and it was fun to talk with new people. Maybe next year I'll feel like having a party- I haven't gotten the bug this year.

Jamie- I am sorry it took so long for me to write :) and I will one day get around to putting pix of Owen's roome up for you!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I was so excited to see TWO new posts! I always love the way you write, it's so entertaining. I'm sorry this pregnancy is so miserable, atlest the end is near! It sounds like you guys have been having a great time and Wes, you were smokin hot in your mocktail picture! Take care and thanks for keeping us up to date on your life!