Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Our Cabin Trip



We celebrated my mom's birthday at a beautiful cabin up in Colesville- outside of Park City. It was so fun to go up there with the family. We were all in awe of how grand and how beautiful everything was. Each bedroom was decorated so cute, we all felt so spoiled- and lucky to have an uncle willing to share with us.
Terrell fell in love with the theatre room ( I secretly did too- and want one in our basement now), where he could watch a U of U ( not cheering for them) game on a huge screen in a lovesac.
Owen loved running around with his 6 other cousins who were the
re and being able to open the refrigerator whenever he wanted- he hasn't mastered opening ours at home yet- Thank goodness. I don't know how many times that weekend I had to pull my little toddler out of the huge sub-zero, with his hands full of grapes and half eaten apples on the floor. I absolutely loved sitting in front of the fire and reading, playing games, and talking- I love that feeling of being on vacation. It was so nice to be in a place where my whole family could actually fit- I think the dining room table sat 20 people!
It snowed while we were up there, and it was so pretty. Owen didn't really know wh
at to think- he kept saying "Uh-Oh cold ice"
He had fun sledding with cousins and we all had fun on the ATV
s.


Terrell got a little overconfident, was going too fast and slid on a patch of icy mud in the four- wheeler- he was fine but I didn't let him take Owen and I for rides on it after that. Owen loved the little dune-buggy thing- he called it Daddy's baby car. It was such a fun weekend- we are hoping to go again in the summer. By then I will be able to walk instead of waddle, so I can hike the trails, and canoe in the lake, and lay out on the deck in the sun- Oh I am missing the sunshine already!!

No comments: