Merry Christmas!

It is so nice being pregnant during the holidays- you don't feel a bit guilty eating all of Grandma's homemade chocolates - Ok I shared one with Owen- sorry Terrell.
We had a nice quiet Christmas this year- this was our sixth Christmas married and for the first time we didn't
travel anywhere. It was a little lonely on Christmas Eve, but it was so nice knowing I didn't have to spend hours driving, and I got to sleep in my own bed every night- well more like tossing and turning in my own bed.

It is so nice being pregnant during the holidays- you don't feel a bit guilty eating all of Grandma's homemade chocolates - Ok I shared one with Owen- sorry Terrell.
We had a nice quiet Christmas this year- this was our sixth Christmas married and for the first time we didn't
travel anywhere. It was a little lonely on Christmas Eve, but it was so nice knowing I didn't have to spend hours driving, and I got to sleep in my own bed every night- well more like tossing and turning in my own bed.We decided to wean Owen off his binky this Christmas break- so this Christmas Eve was memorable. Most people have videos of cute nativity scenes and Christmas parties, our Christmas Eve footage is Owen screaming and laying on the floor kicking the gate we put up to keep him in his room- lovely. The first three nights were hard but he is binky free now and stays in his bed when we tuck him in. It is so hard to be consistent- I followed the Super Nanny method and moved my chair farther and farther away each night, silently tucking him in each time he got out of bed. Last night I didn't even have to get the chair or put him back into bed once!! Yeah!!
Anyway- back to Christmas...... I totally surprised Terrell (and myself) with an Xbox 360. I had to open up my own credit card so he couldn't figure out what I got him. I wrapped it up in this old box from something he got last Christmas and he did a pretty good job acting like he wasn't horribly disappointed. It was so funny. Owen got a lot of Elmo things and a train set, he was bouncing around the house playing with all his new things. Terrell surprised me with a beautiful mirror for our bedroom and lots of pampering gifts. I even got a nap and a hot bath- what more could I want! We also had a load bearing wall removed in our basement for Christmas- doesn't sound to exc
iting, but I am stoked. It means we are getting a teensy bit closer to having a big family room.
Anyway- back to Christmas...... I totally surprised Terrell (and myself) with an Xbox 360. I had to open up my own credit card so he couldn't figure out what I got him. I wrapped it up in this old box from something he got last Christmas and he did a pretty good job acting like he wasn't horribly disappointed. It was so funny. Owen got a lot of Elmo things and a train set, he was bouncing around the house playing with all his new things. Terrell surprised me with a beautiful mirror for our bedroom and lots of pampering gifts. I even got a nap and a hot bath- what more could I want! We also had a load bearing wall removed in our basement for Christmas- doesn't sound to exc
iting, but I am stoked. It means we are getting a teensy bit closer to having a big family room. With the wall gone- it opened up two rooms into one larger room. Owen reminds us every time we are down there that "Oh No! Guys wall off!" . I don't know where he learned the word guy, he points to men at stores and says very loudly "Mommy, guy". Thankfully they have all been "guys".
Terrell and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this December. We spent our first night away from Owen ever- something long overdue! We went up to Midvale and had a fancy European meal at Zermatt and then stayed at Inn on the Creek- the room we thought we reserved turned out to be a whole condo so it was a nice treat.
Our ward has finally split and I am no longer in Young Women's- I am sad, I will miss it. Terrell has been called as the Young Men's pres, he's a bit overwhelmed but he will do great- he is so good with teenagers.
We are busy getting the babies room together- 5 more weeks! I have been down in the basement painting furniture and other little things like a madwoman. The crib is up and put together- it is an old crib- affectionately known as the Frankenstien cr
ib- bolts sticking out in different places. This is definitely the last baby that will use this crib- funny we said that with Owen, and I'm sure the previous 2 owners said that for each time they put it up too. Each time new holes get drilled into it and different screws and bolts are used to hold it together. But it's newly painted and sturdy as ever now- so why buy a new one right? I'd rather spend a hundred bucks on cute little dresses.
We are starting to potty train Owen- I have only read two books on potty training and the methods talked about were extreme opposites of each other- any suggestions? I am sure it has been " beginners luck" so far with us, but everytime we sit him on it he goes. Today I almost threw up cleaning it out and it was just a little toddler pee- we might have to wait until I'm not pregnant anymore to really start.
Terrell and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this December. We spent our first night away from Owen ever- something long overdue! We went up to Midvale and had a fancy European meal at Zermatt and then stayed at Inn on the Creek- the room we thought we reserved turned out to be a whole condo so it was a nice treat.
Our ward has finally split and I am no longer in Young Women's- I am sad, I will miss it. Terrell has been called as the Young Men's pres, he's a bit overwhelmed but he will do great- he is so good with teenagers.
We are busy getting the babies room together- 5 more weeks! I have been down in the basement painting furniture and other little things like a madwoman. The crib is up and put together- it is an old crib- affectionately known as the Frankenstien cr
ib- bolts sticking out in different places. This is definitely the last baby that will use this crib- funny we said that with Owen, and I'm sure the previous 2 owners said that for each time they put it up too. Each time new holes get drilled into it and different screws and bolts are used to hold it together. But it's newly painted and sturdy as ever now- so why buy a new one right? I'd rather spend a hundred bucks on cute little dresses.We are starting to potty train Owen- I have only read two books on potty training and the methods talked about were extreme opposites of each other- any suggestions? I am sure it has been " beginners luck" so far with us, but everytime we sit him on it he goes. Today I almost threw up cleaning it out and it was just a little toddler pee- we might have to wait until I'm not pregnant anymore to really start.
We got a camcorder for our anniversary so maybe one day I'll figure out how to put video clips on here- how fun.
2 comments:
I always love reading your entries and I'm glad you had a fun (and quiet) Christmas. I can't believe you're down to the last 5 weeks! I'm glad you put that picture of you in, that's the first time I've ever seen you pregnant, you look great! I'm glad Owen is sleeping better for you, the transition is so hard, that's why Jayden is still in the crib... :) Good luck with the potty training, I think we've finally got Jayden in the groove with that and I love it. Okay, this is a really long "comment", but glad you're doing good!
You are such a cute pregnant lady! I'm so impressed with everything you still have going on while being so pregnant! Way to go Wes! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. Good luck with the potty training. Hopefully you won't have to have two in diapers at the same time, or atleast not for too long. Can't wait to hear about the delivery of your new little one! Not much longer now!
Post a Comment