Happy Halloween!

We had a very low key Halloween again this year. Owen went as a horse, but his costume was a bit too small so if we put the hood on him he would get a wedgie and cry- So I guess he was a "headless" horse this year :) We had a fun ward Halloween party/dinner the Saturday before and took Owen trick-or-treating around the classrooms. I think he was starting to get the idea that people were handing out candy. On Halloween I took Owen to Terrell's office, they do trick-or-treating around the cubicles and offices, he loved that- mostly because there were so many computers with buttons to push. The traffic was so bad on the way home, the usual 20 min from Terrell's office to home took an hour- so we missed the neighborhood trunk-or-treat. I didn't mind- I was so tired and I knew I would end up eating all the candy anyway :)
I did take Owen to one house, he walked right in when they opened the door, I guess he thought we were going to visit a friend. The next house we tried to go to had a big green inflatable Frankenstein in the yard- all month Owen has been talking about this green monster and asks to take walks to go see it and is always running to look out the window to see it- well I guess it looked a little scary in the dark, Owen started crying and turn around and ran- so we went to one house this year- maybe next year we'll do two. We did have more trick-or treaters this year than last, we are surrounded by construction still so kids don't bother coming to our corner of the neighborhood. Last year we had 4 groups of kids come this year we had maybe 10, I might have to buy two bags of candy next year!
Owen and I have been going to a "Mommy and me Pottery class" this month. We finished our last class today. He was a little shy the first time and wanted to sit on m
y lap, but by the end of the class he was throwing clay around like champ. If you ask him about it he will tell you all about making "baby balls", cars and "ss's" which are snakes. We made
a picture frame with pressed leaves, Christmas ornaments and the classic handprint. Today was our last class and we painted/glazed everything. I love how hard he is concentrating in these pictures. 
These are pictures of the Discovery Children's museum in Salt Lake- Owen loved it. His favorite part was sitting in front of the green screen in the TV studio and seeing himself on TV. He talked about it all evening.
I have 12 more weeks of pregnancy, and am getting a little nervous about labor. I guess I know what's coming this time and am not looking forward to it. We're slowly buying girl clothes- I think I have bought her more shoes than anything else- they are just too cute. It still hasn't really "hit me" that we're going to have another baby. I am excited but I don't think about it constantly like when I was pregnant with Owen.
Terrell is still busy doing stuff in the garage- working on getting the floor ready for some kind of epoxy coating. He is at his "basement finishing" class tonight, so I have Owen alone tonight. He has been in the tub while I've been writing this and I think he is pretty pruney now so I better go. Hope you all had a fun Halloween!
1 comment:
Wes, you're holding out on us, where's the cabin and thanksgiving pics?? come on, just because you are pregnant and chasing after a 2 yr old, doesn't mean that you have no free time, ha! ha! hope you're doing good!
Post a Comment