Friday, January 13, 2012

1/13/2012

I can't believe how lazy I have been lately, this pregnancy has wiped me of all my energy and any motivation to do anything. I am looking forward to the nesting stage- hopefully then I will want to get up and do something. I feel like I have slept through all of October, November and December. My poor house, my poor kids, my poor hubby!!

Owen is in basketball now- he is doing so much better than last year, thank goodness. He still isn't a natural and isn't very aggressive, but it is great exercise for him and helps me to have something to put in my schedule. I will get up and get dressed and that makes a big difference to my day. He has some really good little buddies in his class and he is such a goofball at school. A neighbor says the lunch monitor knows him on a first and last name basis and everyday has to remind him to talk more quietly and quit being so silly- what happened to my little shy boy?!? He is doing really well in 1st grade, reading is great but slow- i was surprised to see he got a 2/4 on reading fluency on his last report card. math is his strongest subject- he can do things in his head quick and understands numbers really well. He checks out books from the library on space and the earth, always been my curious little guy. the other night we were reading a children's atlas, he hugs me and says I love learning with you. Christmas was a blur, Owen got ninjago Lego's- his obsession lately. His birthday was an obstacle course, Amazing race themed party. He had so much fun, loves to run around and be silly with his friends. He has two huge permanent teeth in the front now- he looks so different to me. We are starting to talk to him about his baptism coming up, he has such a strong testimony and defends what he believes passionately. He really knows what is right and at the slightest feelings of discontent or wrong doing he feels it and it makes him quite uncomfortable. He doesn't play with Leah and Maddie as much, but when they do it always involves setting up "clubs" or forts around the living room. They still love having sleepovers every Friday night. Still particular about his clothes- hates jeans. I bought him some elastic waistband jeans, and I was telling him they feel the same as sweat pants, he says to me "Mom I care about the feel and the look of my pants" ha ha. He is sweet to this baby and will want to hug my belly everyday. He doesn't want a brother though, he says he wants his boy time all to himself.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Oh my gosh, can I just tell you how happy it made my little blogger heart to see an update?! I've missed reading about your family and seeing their cute faces. I'm so sorry this pregnancy is so rough, hopefully the days start getting easier? hopefully? Miss you!!