Thursday, April 22, 2010

The last two months

Here's what we have been up to the last 2 months...

T turned 31, I like to remind him that he is now closer to 40 than 20. He likes to remind me that in less than 6 months I will be too- eeek!



I have been planning the garden and doing lots of yard projects. T built some great garden boxes for me and now I just need to get them planted.


Owen is into dinosaurs now and spends a lot of time reading his dinosaur books and researching online- PBS kids has a great dinosaur web page for preschoolers. He told me today he wanted to be a paleontologist- but only if he was in charge of the shovel.
He is still very much into Lego's and spends hours building things everyday.



Leah has been learning her letters and numbers and knows a lot of new songs. She is our little entertainer. She refuses help in getting dressed and often comes downstairs in some interesting outfits. I love it- I love her spunky personality and her headstrongness. She has been getting multiple time-outs for yelling and having a "bad attitude" toward mom. One day I was so tired of hearing it I told her I would put a drop of hot sauce in her mouth the next time she yelled at me. Oish is this too harsh? I have mixed feelings. So not even three minutes later she yells from time-out. "Mom when I get out of time out I am going to punch your stomach!" She got a teensy smidgen of hot sauce and cried out "Ahhh make my mouth perfect again!" Sometimes you just have to pretend to be mad because she is so funny.
She has only gotten the hot sauce twice- it seems to have cured the yelling at mom problem :)

We are entertained by her little prayers- as all moms of three-and-four-year-olds are. My top favorites from the week "Help Santa to bring me more toys" "Help mom to get more rest so she isn't cranky" and the daily "Help me not to get the hot sauce"

Maddie's vocabulary is growing so fast. I love the way she says "Mummeee" and "dooby dooby doo" for scooby doo. She is adventurous for her little size- can climb to the top of Owen's bed which really makes me nervous. When we are at McD's or any play land she always finds a little group of friends to play chase or her tickle game with.





Over Easter weekend I went on a fabulously fun road trip with my three sisters and one of my brothers. We drove from here to Arizona and had a couple fun days of hiking, laying by the pool, shopping, juicy conversations, and visiting with my grandparents and the Sanft family.









5 comments:

nicole said...

Leah is hilarious. I can't wait for Mags to start talking more so I can hear what's going on in her head. Your sibling trip looks really fun - I miss Dran :)

Margaret said...

Look at Leah's curly hair. I love it. Amelia and Leah need to spend some time together. I think they'd have a lot of fun together.
We are so sad we missed the sibling trip. We had family in town otherwise we would've been there.

Adriana said...

leah is a total diva. i think the 2 of you will learn a lot from each other.

foreveryoung said...

You have to admit you would take swimming in April over your freaking SNOW. I'm coming up tomorrow night, maybe we could meet at the Creamery for lunch like the good old days :) I'll call you!

Cherie Dick said...

Funny stories and cute pictures. The one of Leah especially made me laugh...yes, we've tried hot sauce too!