Tuesday, October 13, 2009

30 chic

FYI: Chic (pronounced "sheek"), meaning 'stylish' or 'smart', is an element of fashion and the counterpart of posh.



When T turned 30 he started calling himself the "new chic Terrell" ( sorry babe- It's just really cute)

So now that I have joined the ranks, I too am now aspiring to be 30 chic. I have a feeling it is going to be a long process :)




My sister got me a really fun b-day gift this year- two hours with a "fashionista". She came today and we went through almost my whole closet - 2 hours is not enough time!



It was really fun- thank you again Kim



things I learned

- nobody looks good in ribbed sweaters especially me ( I had like a million- now DI has them)

- I have really long and skinny legs (who knew?- frumpy ribbed sweaters were stealing the show)and I am not to old or short to wear skinny jeans, not sure if I can wear them cuffed with stilettos as instructed by the fashionista- we'll see, I have a hard enough time keeping T's hands off me as is - hahaha

- TJ Maxx and Nordstrom's rack are great stores ( I am the queen of TJ's already so I was happy to hear this)
- I had two shirts in my wardrobe that the fashionista said should be in the costume category- How embarrassing!

- I have a "smokin' hot" pencil skirt ( that I have never worn!!!) that will make heads turn at the company Christmas party- or so she says. It will definitely be put to the test- I will let you know how it goes :)

- I desperately need to start shopping in the petite section since after nursing 3 babies I have nothing left in the "chesties" department and have narrow shoulders to begin with- sigh. Every shirt sweater and jacket I own is too big. I was 15 pounds heavier and nursing 8 times a day, last fall so I think this had something to do with the too big clothes. It is a bittersweet problem. Unfortunately TJ Maxx does not have a petite section- who does? I refuse to shop at Petite Sophisticate, even my petite Grandma wears more fashionable clothes.

- I can pull off a cute girly "biker chick" look. Hmmm....should a biker chick drive a gold Mercury Grand Marquis? On second thought maybe I should be shopping at Petite Sophisticate.










I really should go- this is what needs my attention:




By the way if you want the fashionista to come to your closet or even shopping with you here's the link http://www.fabulousliving.net/






8 comments:

BrookeRohm said...

wes this made me laugh! i loved reading it! i cant wait to tell ty what terrell calls himself now :)

Misty said...

Wes, that is awesome! What a fun gift. I totally need someone to come do that for me...

Adriana said...

ha! i wanna see pics of your 2 costume pieces! are sequins or rhinestones involved?

Diana said...

what a fabulous sister you have! sounds like a blast to me--and an excuse to go shopping! i hope you had a great birthday.

Janessa said...

What a fabulous gift idea! You'll have to post pictures of your new and improved fashionista wardrobe when you get all stocked up. I think you should totally give the girly biker chick look a try:)

nicole said...

You are so brave. I don't think I could ever let a fashionista into my closet because they would probably insist I get rid of every article of clothing I own. As far as a petite section, I think kohls has one. Much to my husband's dismay, I'm still shopping in the junior's section, but I am cutting the strings when I become a chic 30-something. Yikes.

Manila 8th Photo Moms said...

I would have loved to see your costume shirts too! So funny!

Rochelle said...

Wow, I don't think there would be anything left in my closet either, but what fun, I may have to consider it, some day... :)