In July we took a road trip with Granny to Idaho to visit T's bro and family. Granny came to stay for a couple days before and after the trip and she was on a mission to fatten little Maddie up. Every hour she pulled out more baby food for her- after a week of getting fed 10 times a day she still weighed the same :) In Idaho we visited the Boise Zoo and the kids had fun with their cousins Lilly and Nick. The drive home was horrible with Maddie and Leah crying and whining- why do we go on road trips again?
We had family here for the 4th, did small fireworks with neighbors and then sat on the back deck to see Thanksgiving Point fireworks- the view wasn't nearly as good as last year from our driveway. We do have a fantastic view of the Saratoga Springs Wal-mart parking lot though :)
T took 2 weeks off in July. It was great having him home everyday, I slept in almost every day of his vacation :) We got lots of little home projects done. T epoxied his garage, installed shelves in the cold storage area, cleaned outside windows, sealed the granite,hung blinds in the kids b-rooms ( finally), got our patio poured and I even wrangled T into doing a modge-podge craft project :). We are still getting the house put together, I am decorating with brown and apple green,in what I call a contemporary-French country style it has been beyond fun to shop for things. I hope by the time I get it all done green is still in style :)
My garden is off to a slow start, so far all I have done is bought the gate- it is still in the box in the garage. I guess I have all winter now to come up with a great design.
Owen has been soooo into Star Wars this summer. This pix was taken at the beginning of the summer- he has come a long way form the vacuum attachment "lightsaver".
Last week a party store here had all the Halloween costumes 70 percent off- Owen got a Obi-wan-Kanobi costume which looks freakishly like Dave Cox.
Even after two weeks of him wearing it I still do a double take when he comes downstairs wearing this. Owen also played T-ball this year and loved it. It was so fun watching him play. T was a helper coach so it wasn't so scary for him. I signed him up for soccer again for the fall so let's hope he loves it as much. He is making some cute friends in the neighborhood and is excited about his new preschool coming up. T and Owen went camping a couple times at the Harmon Ranch up in Provo Canyon. It is an idyllic place for camping with kids. I brought the girls up for the campfire and games- where I tied T's bro at home run derby ( is that what it's called?). T said he had never been so proud.
Before our trip to Idaho Leah went off binkies- cold turkey. She woke up one morning and couldn't find any. I told her Uncle Jon had taken them all to New York with him to give to the babies that didn't have any. She was pretty bummed. The tricky part was keeping her away form Maddies binkies. We had a "big girl" party for her and she insisted we sing. Still working on the potty training- I have been so unmotivated. She has been such a two-year-old this summer. So many tantrums and so much screaming and fighting- she hasn't been the nicest sister. Maddie screams frantically every time she comes even remotely close to her.
Maddie is our little charmer. She loves to show off all her little tricks- shaking her head, showing her teethy grin ( 6 teeth now!), clapping, shaking her finger "No NO No" ( always does this when Leah comes close), clicking her tongue and spitting. She says "uh oh" and "up"- but only Mommy can understand her :)
Finally taking a bottle! Crawls up stairs and pulls herself up so stand- which looks so funny because she looks so tiny.
Still my little snuggle bunny, very much a mommy's girl.
I went on a fun girly weekend with my sis's in Park City.
We dressed up for dinner on Friday nightstayed at Ash's place and then went to the Art fest on main street, rode the Gondola up to the Canyons resort,
and then took the chairlift up the mountain and had a sweaty hike down since Kim and I both had our babes strapped to our chest.
Ash has a fantastic pool with steam room and sauna- it is the best kept secret in Park City ;) It was a great weekend, I love being close to sisters.
T played soccer on a low-key coed league this summer again, I have a hard time getting up in the morning so I didn't go to any games, but he always has fun and scores amazing goals :)
Well this is probably the most boring post ever, sorry all.
3 comments:
ya know wes, i always thought it was lightsaVer too... apparently, star wars isn't as green as we'd thought.
that does look like david cox. has he seen this? that is so funny. i'm excited to see your new place and the projects that T has modged podged.
I'm loving your new house and the fact that you finally posted. Owen and Jayden would be bosom buddies with their star wars obsession (am I the only one that's sad that they've outgrown Thomas?) I'm still jealous that you live so close to your sisters, I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you. What a fun summer...
Post a Comment