It has been a l-o-n-g time since I have logged on. We have been way too busy, and today is the first day in a really long time where I woke up and realized I didn't have anything that really really had to get done- besides plan T's birthday party next week :).

Hmm.... what else... oh yeah- we got an offer on our house- and sold our house - and MOVED!

Well the Chinese fortune cookie Gods were right- less than a week later we did get an offer. Since then we have been making repairs on the home, packing, cleaning, packing, making runs to DI, selling furniture, and more packing. We had less than 30 days to pack and get out so we have also spent hours searching for a month-to-month rental close by so Owen could continue with preschool and be close to friends. We are so lucky- we found
a townhouse less than a block away that would rent to us. Last Saturday we packed up the truck with the help of so many good friends and neighbors drove down the street and unpacked the truck. I cried like a little baby as I walked around my empty little house to say goodbye. So now the search is on for a new home for our family, it is so much more fun to be on this end of the process!

So in the past month:
Leah turned 2! She had a fun dress-up tea party. It was very girly and very pink.
After 7 months on the market and a lot of hectic home showings, Owen came home at the beginning of February with a little fortune from a fortune cookie he got at preschool.
Well the Chinese fortune cookie Gods were right- less than a week later we did get an offer. Since then we have been making repairs on the home, packing, cleaning, packing, making runs to DI, selling furniture, and more packing. We had less than 30 days to pack and get out so we have also spent hours searching for a month-to-month rental close by so Owen could continue with preschool and be close to friends. We are so lucky- we found
I am anxious to get in and feel settled, I don't know how much longer I can wear the three pair of pants I have unpacked or drink out of plastic sippy cups.
7 comments:
We will miss you when you leave:(. Good Luck house hunting!!!
wow. very busy at your house. congrats and good luck! i will definatly cry when we pack up out of our first house and home and move elsewhere....
wow wes, congrats on the house sale! and good luck on the house hunt- sounds fun. owen's hair is dark?? when did that happen?
WES!!! I feel like a horrible friend since I didn't even know half of this stuff was going on. you moved!!! I'm so happy you guys found a buyer and I can't wait to see the new house you pick out. I'm coming out there in June for Logan's wedding. And I love love love the picture of Maddie. She does look like a cute little snake :)
Glad the house sold. I guess you don't mess with the Chinese fortunes.
You all will be sorely missed by this house hold... I think Bekah is going to go through withdrawals for Leah. And Ben for Owen. So, you had better stay close by! Even with all that said. I hope that you guys can find the perfect house!
I love the princess pix w/ Leah. I have pix of me & Amy as little girls with our friends, all lined up on the couch just like your pic. It always made me feel loved, knowing that mama would make events special for us, even if I couldn't remember it 3 weeks later. I'm sure Leah will feel the same. :)
Post a Comment