Thursday, January 15, 2009

love those kids


Love that Maddie-
I feel like I have a whole new baby.... miracle of miracles- Maddie has decided she likes a binky!! After 4 1/2 mo's of gagging on it and screaming all day she now loves it. So for the past three days we have had a quiet house and my back is getting some much needed relief from carrying her around all day. She even falls asleep in her car seat with it, when before she would scream the entire time- driving is fun again!
Love that Leah-
This morning during Mommy and Leah time we played beauty shop- she loves to sit up on my bathroom counter and put makeup on and brush her hair with me. Today I straightened her hair. She has so many funky cowlicks on the top of her head- thank goodness she has curly hair. It is not so cute straight so I spent a while doing this....



10 minutes later she pulled half of the rubber bands out. Currently it looks like this- back to the homeless child look :)



And last but not least


Love that Owen-
Owen's primary teacher at church gave him a CTR ring last Sunday. ( A cheap silver ring with the letters CTR- stands for Choose the Right). I am surprised he loves wearing it since he usually does not like change, especially new clothes or shoes. He wears it all day and night and pretends it is a super hero ring, by making fists at things and making a big "Pssshhhhchooow" noise. It is also a great behavior reminder, instead of "Santa's watching" we now say "Choose the right". The other day I asked to take a pix of him showing me his CTR ring and asked him to make a fist for me, like he does when he pretends it is a super hero ring. Right when the camera clicked he flicks up his finger- so this is the pix I got. Way to "choose the right" Owen.

14 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so laughing out loud at that last one!!!!!!! And seriously, I can't stop!!!!!! Carter, unfortunately lost his CTR ring at the gym because he wouldn't take it off before going. He loved wearing it for a whole 7 days or so. I love Leah's curls. Love them!

Riddle Girl said...

I think this will give everyone a much needed laugh! He is such a sweet kid! But I'm lovin' the finger! :-)
-Heather

Adriana said...

hahaha! hilarious photo wes.

Rochelle said...

That is so funny. I agree I LOVE binkies too! It is for sure the difference between a happy baby and an unhappy baby. Congrats on the binkie:) Hopefully quieter days are ahead!

Janessa said...

What sweet kids. I'm so glad Maddie likes the binkie now! I had one binkie baby and one thumb sucker. Any kind of plug is a welcome thing! Leah's hair is so cute! Too bad it didn't last very long. That Owen picture is a crack up! I love the power of the CTR ring.

nicole said...

Did you talk in the white trash Bernice beauty shop voice while you played with Leah? And why were we playing Bernice's beauty shop when we were in college?

Janelle Ehat said...

This picture of Owen is AWESOME!! I laughed so hard when I saw it! That's GREAT!

Margaret said...

That picture of Owen is hilarious.
I can't believe Leah sits still long enough for you to do her hair like that! Can she teach Amelia to do that?

foreveryoung said...

HILARIOUS!! I'm thinking you should submit that to the friend magazine :) That's so funny about the binky because Maddox just discovered in the last day or two that he loves his also. All our persistance is finally paying off!

Hadlock Hideaway said...

You do have cute kids! I am so glad that Maddie is taking a binkie for you! I love all the different ways that you do Leah's hair! And Owen... what a fun kid, he makes me laugh! Ben would love to have him come play again soon... lets set something up.

Anonymous said...

Wes, your kids are so cute! I LOVE the picture of owen! That is priceless! Hope you guys are doing well.

flynn family said...

Haha Wes! Reminds me of Bren's spelling test today--she spelled "wore" as "whore." I was laughing so hard I had to tell her what a whore was--you try telling that to an 8 year old!

Meredith & Company said...

That picture is Mormon humor at its finest! You need that framed and hanging in your house! Love it!

Meredith

Tasha Peterson said...

I laughed so hard at the last pic, it helped because i had been about to cry looking at the first pics i really want a girl!!! But hey three boys is great right?