OK so that scrapbook page was really bugging me- I didn't get to really show our Halloween extravaganza :) My friends Crystal and Brittany and I put together a big Halloween party in our combined backyards. Ever since Crystal got her sod put down next door, I have been dreaming of a huge outdoor party. The "party planning committee" planned lots of little games like decorating pumpkins, doughnut eating races, knocking down cups, bean bag toss, and some others. We also had a big inflatable slide, a jumping castle, three pinatas, and of Halloween cupcakes and hot chocolate. It was great fun and a little crazy. It wasn't quite as organized as we envisioned ( groups of kids with an adult going around to the stations). It was more like swarms of transformers, princesses, zoo animals and little witches running around with chocolate frosting smeared all over their costumes, with "The Monster Mash" blaring in the background. The kids had fun and I had my party planning fix for the year. Owen and I had fun making our Halloween pinatas- which turned out so cute I must say :). Owen helped me decorate for the party- he found some cute ways to make the back of the house spooky. 



As for the kids not getting very much candy- we only went trick-or-treating to 4 or 5 houses- mom was a little tired to say the least :) Isn't Leah the cutest little puppy :)
Mad's two months old now! She smiles now and it is just so cute, she loves to be carried around all day long and is stillllll sick- three weeks now, poor babe. This is her in a sweet little dress I was blessed in as a newborn. I love that I actually had a dress of my very own. I think I wore hand-me-downs my entire life- from two older sisters and my brother too.

Yesterday we woke up to snow! I didn't even know we were expecting it, so it was such a fun suprise. We were a little unprepared in the snow clothes area but we were able to dig up a couple of pairs of mismatched gloves and boots and GG had gotten the kids snow coats last month so we were set. Owen could have played out there all day, but Leah had a hard time walking in it and was pretty whiney. I got my workout pulling the kids around the yard on the sled. It was fun for a day but I am starting my countdown till spring :)
look at all the snow!

As for the kids not getting very much candy- we only went trick-or-treating to 4 or 5 houses- mom was a little tired to say the least :) Isn't Leah the cutest little puppy :)
Mad's two months old now! She smiles now and it is just so cute, she loves to be carried around all day long and is stillllll sick- three weeks now, poor babe. This is her in a sweet little dress I was blessed in as a newborn. I love that I actually had a dress of my very own. I think I wore hand-me-downs my entire life- from two older sisters and my brother too.
Yesterday we woke up to snow! I didn't even know we were expecting it, so it was such a fun suprise. We were a little unprepared in the snow clothes area but we were able to dig up a couple of pairs of mismatched gloves and boots and GG had gotten the kids snow coats last month so we were set. Owen could have played out there all day, but Leah had a hard time walking in it and was pretty whiney. I got my workout pulling the kids around the yard on the sled. It was fun for a day but I am starting my countdown till spring :)
5 comments:
I'm so glad you posted new Maddie pictures, she is so adorable. I can totally picture your halloween party because it sounds an awful like the one we did in our backyard last year. I think I still have orange frosting smeared on my house. I can't believe you guys got so much snow, I thought we were doing good to finally get below 80 degrees!
wow. that's a lot of snow to not be expecting it! i identify w leah, snow makes me whine and cry.
Wow, I need to catch up with you super moms that throw great big neighborhood parties. I'm so impressed. It sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the snow. It looks like you guys got quite the dump. Hope spring comes soon. Only five more months!:)
That party was SOOOO FUN! And very organized I must say. Thank you so much for throwing it. My kids had a blast. Thank you thank you thank you:)
I am loving your pinatas--I know how much time those take. Impressive!
Post a Comment