This is mainly for Terrell, since he is out of town and works long hectic days and has missed the funny little things Owen has done this week.
Owen has taken a giant leap and has taken it upon himself to learn to write. We really have not helped him write his letters to much, we've mostly just helped him with his name. On his own he has practiced and mastered writing the whole alphabet and numbers. He will write letters on every piece of paper he sees- nothing is safe anymore. Terrell left some notarized documents on the kitchen table that he had to take to the court house the next day- Owen proudly wrote "Owen , Mom, Dad" on them in his cute three-year -old handwriting :) woops.
Yesterday he found a box of envelopes and told me he needed them for his "mail"- sure why not- they were a buck. So now he is busily writing letters to all his friends. He told me he had a letter for Granny and was so excited about it. I look at the envelope he had sealed up my library card and a plastic fork- I bet Granny will love it :)
Owen is usually pretty shy around adults he doesn't know- he sometimes responds to questions from adults he doesn't know by growling or hiding behind my legs. He is starting to grow out of it and does a lot better now, but this was a big moment for my little guy. We were at the library and I mentioned that we should look for some books about bugs since he would be learning about bugs the next week in preschool. I started to skim the shelves and Owen boldly walks up to the counter and says "Hey Lye-bare-ians you have any bee books". The librarian was just as surprised as I was and we look at each other with the same surprised look. She knows Owen from story time and knows how he is. She gets up and says "Wow Owen you sure are growing up , let me show you were the bug books are". It was a proud moment for me- my little guy is growing up :)
We have been having crazy Spring weather lately, a couple warm days and then a snow storm, and then it will warm up and then a few cold windy days- It is May for heaven's sake- the best month in Utah and we have only had like 3 good days. Anyway... Owen is very picky about his clothes- hates to wear anything new... begs to wear sweat pants everyday....does not like clothes that are not his favorite color ( which changes daily now)... You get the picture. I pretty much have to wrestle him down to put on a short sleeve shirt if it is warm out ( they are new- therefore he doesn't want to wear them). Today he asks if he can go outside and I say sure lets all get ready to go outside ( get shoes and socks). Owen goes to his room and comes back a few minutes later with just a shirt on and some bright blue socks on- no pants no underwear. I say Owen you have to wear pants and underwear! He says " But it's a nice day Mom!" 
Leah's first kiss- she was not a very willing participant :)
5 comments:
Cute photos! The other day Dallin kissed Tanith and she bit him! Hope Leah isn't as mean! :0
Your kids are too cute! I love reading about them!
He is such a crack up! I can't believe what a little smarty pants you got on your hands (or "smarty pantless" :) I'll try to send some warm weather your way, as long as you all promise to not go streaking!
i must say owen's hair is looking better. i still think you should grow it out and braid it into cornrows. seriously, he'd be so hip.
Who needs underwear and pants on a nice day? Come on, mome! I love all the cute kid stories! They sure do keep life exciting. How is your pregnancy going? You ready for #3? You're such a great mom!
Post a Comment