Diana I had to copy - I can't think of anything to post :)
What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Got up at 5:30 am for the Black Friday sales, drove a 4 wheeler, changed 16 diapers in one day- hmm maybe not- I worked at a daycare in college, took a dance class,
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any traditional resolutions, I just had one healthy goal - It was to not buy any boxed dinners or cook anything with canned cream soups- just eat real food. I did really good- Owen doesn't even know what mac n' cheese is. This year the goal is whole grains. Try not to buy things that are made of refined flour. I bought a whole dozen Krispie Kremes on New Years eve to say goodbye.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me, 3 sister- in-laws Margaret, Stephanie, and Danielle, and a handful of friends in my neighborhood
4. Did anyone close to you die? Owen's fish "daddy fish" and "Owen fish", and our other fish "Coug"
5. What states/countries did you visit? California
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A cutting garden
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 2- Leah was born, Dec 8- Ashies wedding Christmas day- Terrell opening his last present,
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I would like to say fully potty training Owen but we have recently had some regression, giving birth, finishing our basement,
9. What was your biggest failure? having too many do-over days
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yeah- ripping to a 4 with baby Leah- ouch!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
double umbrella stroller, jazz shoes, cricut
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Owen learned to write his name,
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
sad- Owen decided he can't poop on the potty anymore :(
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides the obvious ( mortgage, utilities, ect )Buying cars for Owen, diapers, scrap booking stuff
15. What are you most excited about?
Girls trip to San Diego with old college/high school friends, taking the kids to the beach, watching all the bulbs I planted come up, end of the summer
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Twinkle Twinkle little star- Owen sings it to Leah daily, and a lullaby I made up for my Leah
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? 30 pounds lighter ( I am not 8 months prego!) c) richer or poorer? richer in all the important ways
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? played, walked in the morning with friends
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
get frustrated with Owen
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home with my little family
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Of coarse with my Leah.... and my cricut hehehe
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Office, ER- I don't watch TV really
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
24. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm, I read a lot of so so books, I know there were a couple I really enjoyed but I just can't think right now.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Terrell gets higher scores than me on the karaoke game
26. What did you want and get?
baby girl, video camera, family room, craft room, new friends, good health
27. What did you want and not get?
fence and curbing
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
some I liked- Harry Potter, Dan in real life, Devil wears Prada, Batman
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 27, spent all day in the salon, went to PF Chang's, went to a movie and walked around the mall with Terrell
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Owen potty trained in a day- like the book said!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Giant T-shirts and very worn prego clothes in the beginning, then sweats and my "gardening jeans" in the spring, black hat and sunglasses all summer- afraid of getting wrinkles :), fall/winter- nothing too exciting
32. What kept you sane?
dance on Tues night, and date night with Terrell
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmmm... I don't know Hugh Grant is pretty cute- he hasn't made any good movies in a while, I love Pam and Jim characters on the office
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Mountain View Corridor
35. Who did you miss?
old friends, family that lives far away
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Leah
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Some things are out of our hands and even though it feels a little overwhelming and stressful, it will be a blessing in the end
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Let them be little
Our Christmas was quiet and nice again this year, I couldn't sleep Christmas eve- too excited to see Owen and Terrell open their gifts. It was the first New Year we were awake for the new year- haven't got a New Year's kiss in 7 years. Owen got way too much again- Cars playsets ( Luigi's tire shop, Ramone's house of Body art, and Flo's V-8 Cafe), tons of games and the Fisher Price Smart Cycle, Leah got her first Doll- it was love at first sight, Terrell got new snowboarding stuff and I fun scrapbooking stuff. Our new camera comes tomorrow- yeah! Thank you for all the cards, goodies , gifts and fun parties. We love you all :)
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was seriously fun to read. I can not beleive you abandoned mac and cheese. I'm sure that means ramen noodles are out of the question. Oh, I feel like a horrible mom :) You need to share some of your "healthy" recipes, I'm so not good at that! Enjoy your new year, good luck with the potty training and gardening!
Wes, what on earth was the last gift Terrell opened? You didn't say! Was it you wearing nothing but a bow?
hehehe wouldn't you like to know
what is this you call "real food" that doesn't consist of anything out of a box or with cream of something. the only thing i can think of right now is spaghetti. wes, i need you to teach me the ways. recipe exchage on the girls trip?
Post a Comment