We set up the tree last night. Owen was mesmerized by the Christmas lights. He just laid on the floor so still and silent watching me string lights on the tree. When we finished the tree Owen says "Now we open presents?" He had a mini tantrum, it must be so hard to be three. I set up a mini tree with lights in his room and that made him feel a little better.
This past week we also had our first good snow. I am ready for Spring now.
I just got back from dance and I am so frustrated with myself. I hurried in and tried to write down the steps to the dance we practiced and practiced and practiced today and I STILL CANT REMEMBER! Errrrrr- I did not get any of my mom's dancing genes. I have a confession- for my whole life I have always wanted to be a dancer. I think they carry themselves so beautifully and gracefully. I definitely have missed my chance but I am determined to make Leah my dancer- yes I am living my dream through my daughter, and I have no problem with it :). Her first pair of shoes I bought when I was 20 weeks pregnant- a pair of lace-up ballerina shoes. She owns several pair of black leggings and a black long sleeve onesie ( closest thing to a leotard I could find). She has crazy long legs and is the most flexible baby you have ever seen. I even stretch her out daily and make her do the splits - is this crazy of me? My only hope is that the dancing gene skips a generation. Hahahaha- I'll keep you updated on her progress. 
7 comments:
I'm so glad she is crawling! She looks beautiful in those pics, especially the one of her doing splits.
By the way, I had no idea that you wanted to be a dancer. What you need to do is become famous, but not too famous, like a D-list celebrity. Then they will ask you to do 'Dancing with the Stars'. And to guarantee a final spot in the last three (so that you have plenty of time to learn how to dance) pretend to faint so you get the sympathy votes.
Wes.. I'd be happy to show you some of my killer modern dance moves. I just put on a routine to Cindy Lauper this weekend and it was a total hit.
She is a beautiful baby.
Yeah that Leah is crawling! It is so fun to watch your kids as they get more and more interactive. Way to not give up on your dancing dreams. I love that you have Leah practice her splits everyday. She is so beautiful! I didn't know your mom was a dancer. Neat.
Oh, she is so dang cute! I love your dancing dreams for her and that you stretch her everyday! And Wes, I still think you had some great moves back in the day, so I don't know what you're talking about! :)
Okay, I just saw something on your myspace about being a brunette?? Where are the pics?? In all the 13 years that I've known you, you've always been a blonde, I'm dying to see it!
Wes, I think Leah is flexible enough already. If you stretch her out anymore her legs will come out of their sockets.
Post a Comment