Sunday, July 15, 2007

Happy (late) 4th of July

Yeah, I know Independence day was almost two weeks ago and I am just posting- hope everyone had a good one. We spent the morning sleeping and doing a little work in the basement- we had a lofty goal to paint all day but it didn't happen :). We went to a fun block party/ BBQ that evening and spent most of it searching for Owen. We found him- he had followed someones dog into their home and was playing with the dog in their house- I am not sure if he just crawled through the doggie door behind the dog or if he just opened the door and let himself in. I had only a small moment of panic before we found him- I hate that feeling, it is so scary. A lot of our neighbors were setting off little street fireworks, Owen liked the first 2 or 3 and then asked for the stroller to be turned around. He didn't cry or ask to go home he just simply said "Owen look at houses" and covered his ears- funny kid. We walked the kiddlets home put them to bed and then laid out on the top of the car in our driveway and watched the big firework show that Thanksgiving Point does- we had great seats. I love fireworks.
( I can't find the memory card that has our 4th pix on it- sorry, check back later if you are dying to see them :) )



I have started a neighborhood playgroup/field trip group. Last Friday was a picnic at the big Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove. It was a sad turnout-only one other mom came with her two boys- sigh. This Friday we are going to the fire station for a tour, I really hope the turn out is a little better, I'll let you know how it goes :) These are pix of Owen playing, and little Leah's first time on a swing, she loved it.


One funny thing- Owen had a blast running around and climbing into the little beehives he called caves. I crawled in expecting to see swear words and cigarette burns like at other playgrounds I have been too, I had to laugh at the "graffiti" on the inside of the walls- "Church is cool" "kissing is dumb"- only in Utah.

Leah is a great little roller now- She slept on our floor on a little mat last week because my sis was sleeping on the futon in Leah's room. Well she was fussing for her binky in the middle of the night so I got up to find it and I couldn't find her! She had rolled away- in the dark she looked like one of Terrell's shoes over by the closet and I almost stepped on her.

Owen has learned a new skill- moving and clicking the mouse on the computer. He likes to color in cars on this cars website of games I found. It is pretty cute how hard he concentrates on getting the arrow to the right spot. He stares intently at the computer and says over and over "dis one bit twicky".

Basement progress- We are nearly done painting, one last accent wall to touch up and take off the blue tape. I choose three colors- they are all kind of a grayish green color- if you get the Pottery Barn home catalogue you will see my inspiration. Well the colors are a lot lighter than I expected but it is OK, I think it still has the same "feel" I wanted. I like to give each room in my house a feeling, the living room is goldish orange because I want people to feel warm and cozy right when they walk in. My room is a pale sage green because it makes me feel totally relaxed, Owen's room reflects his personality and Leah's, pale yellow and white room, hers.
We got hooked up with a nice surround sound system with receiver so good thing Terrell spent all the extra time and $ wiring the family room for speakers all over, he is still shopping ( and saving) for his dream TV. I am going out shopping for carpet tomorrow, Terrell asked if I could go to 4 or 5 different places. I don't think he understands how impossible that is- with a potty training, very hard to shop with two-year old, a nursing baby and a huge bulky double stroller in 98 degree weather in and out of the sweaty car all day. Despite all that, I feel up for the challenge- I want our basement finished so badly I will endure a day of H-E- double hockey sticks.

Terrell- Our ward Youth conference was this past week, Terrell did a great job planning and everything ran smoothly. ... lucky kids I never went boating for Youth Conference.
Terrell is also playing on a city Soccer team- maybe it's a club team? I don't know- but we are all going to his game tomorrow night. We haven't been to any yet so I feel a little bad. Do you think he will be embarrassed if I take pix? Oh well :)


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wes! Your kids are so cute!
Hey, I need you address to send you a party invite. Will you email that to me? Thanks!!!

foreveryoung said...

You always have the best stories about your kids! Good luck with the carpet shopping and glad you enjoyed your 4th!

Janessa said...

I just left a comment on another post wanting to know how the basement is coming along. I obviously hand't read this one yet. I'm glad it's coming along well. I totally feel for you on the carpet shopping. With two kids in tow, that would not be an easy thing! I love Owen's request to look at the houses during the fireworks. So cute! Good luck with your mom group. Don't give up!