This past week we had a Smith family reunion at my uncle Steve's cabin. It was so fun to see everybody and their kids. It was the first time we got to see Andrew and Lorena's little boy Jared, and Austin and Margaret's new baby Amelia. Their were 4 new grand babies born in the past year so we had fun sharing parenting stories. Adriana was the only one that couldn't make it- Dranie we missed you!!! We got their Thursday night and we had a big BBQ on the deck to celebrate Aaron's birthday, then we stayed up and played games. I was so sad when I realized I forgot my camera- both of them. I thought I had packed and planned everything perfectly- errr. Ashley lent me hers for the night, I took the cutest pictures of Owen wrestling with his cousins Tiersa and Lauren- but they are long gone. The next day we set up a slip n slide and a pool for the babies. It was a little cold but the kids had so much fun and they were cute to watch. We went 4- wheeling and saw a few deer and some of us saw the crane guarding it's nest. Terrell and I sat for an hour or two on the swing out on a secluded deck just reading and talking, it was so beautiful out there. We watched old silent home movies from Bolivia and played games till midnight. On Saturday we all went to Owen's cousin Jackson's baptism and had a fun dinner at the park close by. We got all 10 of the grand kids together for a photo- which wasn't as hard as we thought, considering 5 of the 10 are 2 and under. On Sunday Austin blessed his little girl, and the rest of the day was filled with more talking, playing, napping, and of course tons of eating. We played some hilarious skit/charade games and I wish so bad I had my camera. On Monday we did more of the same- eating, playing, talking, reading, hiking, canoeing and then cleaned up and drove home. It was such a fun week.
I don't have any pictures- the camera I borrowed from Ashley got thrown in the pool- most likely by Owen- but if I did have my camera I'd have pictures of ...
- Owen wrestling with his cousins, all of them laughing and red faced.
- Terrell and Owen hiking in the forest
- Leah and her cousin Amelia in their matching white eyelet dresses from Grandma.
- Owen chasing Kim's dog Frodo, both with their tongues hanging out.
- Owen's face after eating an Oreo and saying "yummy chocolate circle"
-Andrew impersonating Shakira, he looked like a hula dancer doing a Micheal Jackson move
- My dad's face after he had to describe and impersonate Dolly Parton- we were all laughing and crying so hard.
-Owen and Frodo the dog sitting by the pond, with his green rubber boots and hat on it looked like a very Norman Rockwell shot.
- Terrell and Austin acting out a scene from Napoleon Dynamite
Owen is screaming in his room, I better go- it's going to be one of those days...
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What fun family memories, that's what summers are all about! I'm so sad too that you forgot your camera, I would love to see pics of your whole family all grown up. Isn't it fun coming from a big family when you all get together?
I love family reunions! It sounds like you all had a great time. Surely someone there had a camera that survived. You'll have to get some from somebody and post some pictures of your fam. I would love to see them all grown up with their little families. Isn't it great to be from a big family?!
Wes, we are heading to a family reunion next week. That charades (however you spell it) game sounds like a lot of fun. Could you email me more details about it? Thanks! janessacazier@msn.com
Post a Comment