Sunday, May 27, 2007

Zoo- again

How boys watch TV...








We haven't been doing too much around here lately. I did take the kiddies to the zoo again on Friday. There were so many schools there on field trips, just watching all those poor exhausted teachers yelling and trying to keep their class in a group was so draining- those are the parts of teaching I do not miss. Owen was a little more into the animals this time, he really sat and watched the elephant for about 10 minutes. Since I was by myself with the huge tank stroller we didn't get around the whole zoo. If you have ever been to the Hogle Zoo you know there are so many hills- I really got my workout for the day. I thought I was being a supermom, taking both kids to the zoo without Terrell and lugging around diaper bag and tank stroller by myself until I saw a mom by herself with an even bigger double stroller, loaded down with even more stuff and even bigger toddlers, and a baby strapped to her chest- wow.



Terrell took Owen four wheeling yesterday, he came home saying "fun day mommy, go fast, see trees and grass and water" Cute boy. It was kinda nice just to sit at home with Leah - it was so quiet.



The basement is coming along, we are getting so excited. Tomorrow we will be getting it ready to paint and put up the doors and trim, yeah! I have been having way too much fun buying stuff for our new rooms.



Terrell's brother Taylor drove down from Idaho to stay for the weekend. Owen had so much fun with his uncle "mouse". He loves all the attention he gets from visitors and LOVES to play cars with anyone willing. Owen plays with his cars like little girls would play with dolls. He makes beds for them with his blocks and he makes them talk to each other. "I'm Lightning ( McQueen), I'm orange, I have piston cup stickers, what color are you?" It is so fun to watch his play progress, not even a month ago all he did with his cars was line them up and drive them around the floor.
These are a couple of pix of Owen swimming with friends- these two boys are going to break a few hearts when they are older :)

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

What a fun trip, and yes, you are still brave! I love that Owen makes beds for his cars, that totally made me laugh! I can't wait to see pictures of the basement! Thanks for the sunscreen reminder, that is so scary with Terrell. I remember you telling me about that a couple of years ago, has he had anymore since then? Maybe you can email me the details, b/c part of me is still holding on the idea of possibly getting a tan, I need a wake-up call!

Janessa said...

You are very brave to do the zoo by yourself. Those double strollers are tanks! That's so cute the way Owen plays with his cars. Glad you enjoyed some girl time with Leah. Good luck with your basement. You'll have to put up some pictures when it's done.

Janessa said...

I just read Jamie's comment after publishing mine and realized I kind of said the same things. We must be realated or something. I'll have to read the other comments first next time :)