Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Break

I don't even want to begin to put these in order- sooooo here are a bunch of pix from the trip...
Kaitlan and her 6 older brothers- all 8 of the Rohm kids and parents in the temple together- pretty amazing.


Pretty Kaitlan and her new hubby Jon

All the little girls in their matching dresses



Crammed in the car for the drive home- Leah eating a lemon




Easter picnic at GG's





Cute little Owen in his whitie-tighties







I think they look so much alike






Let's hope Maddie gets some of the Rohm girl genes








This day is almost over!










Sea world show with the fam



Did I put this pix up twice?







Little leah and her curls


Telling Mommy she has "one two three four six ten PINK eggs"





Cute Owen and Cody getting splashed by stingrays


Another?




Good thing I worked so hard to lose those last 10 pounds of baby fat to look "not-so-mommish" in the swim suit- when this ended up being my beach atire.



Elmo rides






Looking for the shark




My silly girl- who taught her this face?


Waiting for Shamu?





Walk near the beach








Sunset with the cubbies

Monkey Maddie




So much for the diet.... mmmmm love those bottomless fries


GG's pretty home



Picking fruit at GG's




Nap time- yes that is Leah in the bassinett :)

Playing in Granny and Poppy's back yard


"NOOOOO -I DO IT"




Lunch at reststop in the middle of nowhere- 5 more hours to go. Leah's hair is classic.



This is when the car was still fun



It was so nice to get away from the snow and the stinky town house ( previous renter was a smoker) to sunny San Diego. We drove to Vegas Confrence Sunday and stayed with T's sister in her big new house- we are loving having family in Vegas, it is a great stopping point, and makes the trip so much better. The kids did great in the car, we watched a lot of Pooh bear and Star Wars and played the Alphabet game a lot. On Monday we drove the rest of the way to Granny and Poppy's house in San Bernardino. The weather was fabulous. The kids got a kick out of picking lemons off a real lemon tree and making fresh lemonade. We spent the next day relaxing in the sun, visiting GG ( great-grandma) at her beautiful home in Corona. On Wed we drove down to San Diego, we were expecting to play in the pool and enjoy the sunshine but it was a little chilly. We walked along the beach that night and watched the sunset. Owen is really intrested in the planets and maps right now so he loved watching the sun "move" over to China. It was a beautiful night. Thursday morning we headed to Sea World with 3 of T's brothers and their wives and kids. Owen had so much fun running around with his cousins and being in charge of the map. The kids loved the Sesame Street rides and we all got absolutely soaked on Thunder River ( I don't remember the real name- but that's the name of it at Six Flags in Atlanta- funny how I remember the name of the ride from 10 years ago when I went on it last, but I can't remember the name from 5 days ago!)

Friday we hit Sea World again this time with 4 more cousins and another aunt and uncle- we were a big group- 10 adults and 13 kids! T and I took the kids to the beach again that evening. Owen absolutely loved the ocean- which was so surprising to us. The water was pretty cold and it was a little windy, I thought he would just sit in the sand and dig, but he pulled off his jeans and ran right in the water. A picture can not even come close to capturing how funny he looked in his saggy whitey tighties ( he has no butt) and skinny long legs. Leah mostly stayed in the sand and played but she loved the water too. We are definitely going to plan a real beach trip now that we know the cubs love the water. Saturday morning was T's youngest sisters' wedding at the San Diego temple. The whole day was ridiculously crazy and exhausting as all weddings are. Somehow we fit in the wedding, the pictures, a drive back to San Bernardino, an Easter egg hunt, a reception and a huge cousin sleepover at granny's house. Kaitlan was absolutely beautiful and all 8 of her little nieces had matching pouffy dresses- very cute. Sunday we had a big Easter picnic at GG's house and another egg hunt before we headed back to Vegas. The trip home was not so great. Maddie screamed a lot- a lot of poopy diapers and spilled drinks, lost binkies and a cranky mom. Somehow we made it home - Leah wearing one of Maddie's little diapers and Maddie in Leah's dirty PJ top, we were quite a sight. The only thing that kept me sane was dreaming of my pretty new house, which we planning on closing on the next day. Unfortunately the sellers had issues with their bank and we still haven't closed- sigh. Hopefully next week. Here are a bunch of pix from the trip, we needed this so bad- it has been a really long and stressful winter for us.


New Mexico Rohms, 2 sets of Utah Rohms, South Carolina Rohms, Idaho Rohms, California Rohms, BYU- Idaho Rohm, Las Vegas Rohm-Davis', and Newly Wed Rohm-Norris' - That's a lot of Rohms!

8 comments:

Adriana said...

the flip-flop shot is awesome. cute cute.

foreveryoung said...

Lucky girl to have so many brothers to watch out for her (or pick on her), she sure is a beautiful bride. So many cute pictures, the bassinet one is hilarious. So what's your secret for the last 10lbs?? I'm stuck with the last 6 1/2 (every half pound counts).

Margaret said...

Glad you could go. Looks so nice to be on a beach.
You are a trooper to do that drive with three in the back. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

Rochelle said...

Fun Fun Fun!!!

nicole said...

the flig-flop shot is my favorite too. And of course I remember Thunder River. Remember the trip to six flags in high school where you and I rode it right before the bus ride home because we each had a reason...you know what I'm talking about. I miss you Wes!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

These pictures are awesome. That's one more reasons why I love your blog....the pictures are always so "true to life" and hilarious! They crack me up! We'll miss you in the ward, but I hope you guys enjoy your new home. Keep looking for reasons to come cruisin the neighborhood though. Are you sending Owen to Patty's next year....if she does decide to teach?

flynn family said...

I am glad you got a shot of your car--that will be a classic "remember that?" conversation in years to come. That is, unless you are still driving that car for years to come! haha!

Janessa said...

What a fun trip! I love the whitie-tightie pictures. What a cute age when they have no hesitations about running around on the beach in their undies.