Did you know today is officially the first day of Fall? We have been meaning to take Owen camping this summer but it never happened. Last night we set up the tent in the backyard for a practice camp out. Owen had a lot of fun roasting "mash-a-mew-oes" over our little camp
stove and dancing to Daddy's guitar playing, and of course he was thrilled with the tent. Last summer we set up the tent for a night and it
was miserable. I was prego and could not get comfy and Owen was too young, so he was up till 11:30 crawling around the tent too wired to lay down and sleep. I think we all went in at around 1:00. This year we wised up- we pulled Owen's twin mattress off his bed for Terrell and I ( good thing we're skinny) and Owen got to sleep on a couple of throw pillows from the couch- poor guy :) Terrell thought for sure this time that either he would be the only one to make it through the night in the tent or else we'd all go in. Well, I am pleased to say I made it the whole night in the tent and Terrell was the one who threw in the towel at a little after midnight, yes he went in to take care of Leah who was screaming on the monitor, but that is beside the point- I was the true camper last night :) Well Owen beat us all by sleeping till 9:00- is that the trick to get your kids to sleep in... sleeping on the ground in a cold tent?
So that was our little adventure last night to celebrate the last day of summer. We headed out to the zoo this morning- and we couldn't have picked a better day. The weather was good and so many of the animals were awake and playing. The baby orangutan was so fun to watch and we got to see several animals really up close. Hogle zoo has a white Alligator right now and today it was right up front, we lucked out. 
Leah is sitting so well now- not crawling, not even really trying. She is content to sit and play with toys for an hour or two- I can live with that :)
4 comments:
What a great idea to camp in your backyard, I may have to recruit Jason for that duty...Leah is so beautiful,seriously...the
"courtyard" turned out awesome with a touch of your green thumb...And that white alligator is a little freakish.
What fun! Backyard camping is the best because it's easy to call it quits in the middle of the night if any of us less then stellar campers don't make it the whole night. I LOVE your courtyard. You need to come visit me and give me some landscaping help. You're good. Leah is adorable. She looks so much like you!
happy birthday wes! Love ya!
I LOVE the new blog look! Isn't Jamie such a great blog leader? Jamie for president of blogtopia!
Post a Comment