Last Saturday we made a spontaneous trip to the
Hoggle Zoo, we decided to go and 15 minutes later we were out the door- it felt good to just get up and go and leave everything. It was a little chilly and rained when we first arrived but we had a lot of fun. It was Owen's first trip to the "big zoo"- I take him to the petting zoo all the time so this was a treat.

He says his favorite animal
is an elephant- so I thought it was about time he saw one. His favorite things at the zoo, in this order: playing with the garbage can, eating bubblegum
ice cream, lapping up water from the clogged water fountain, and running up and down the stairs in the giraffe

house.
Hmmm... he did stop and watch the monkeys and I think he thought the snow
leopard was pretty cool- It was inches
literally inches away from us so I thought it was pretty cool.
The highlight of the trip was the penguins though- they were so cute waddling around in lines and taking turns diving in the water.

Owen and a silverback gorilla
You can see how excited he was about seeing a giraffe



Mommy and her wild little cub
Pooped after the zoo
1 comment:
Way to be spontaneous! I'm impressed it only took you 15 minutes to get out the door after deciding to go. That's impressive with two kids! Seeing your pictures made me miss the good ol' Hogle Zoo. I love Owen's eye roll with the giraffe. What a crack up! That picture of Leah with her pink jacket and hat is so adorable! Glad you had a fun day!
Post a Comment