Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend in Salt Lake

We spent this past weekend up in Salt Lake, celebrating Terrell's birthday. I drove up late Friday afternoon with the kiddos and met Terrell, who was already up there setting up for Brain Share a big conference Novell puts on every year.























We didn't do much that night, just went out to eat and watched TV in our room. On Saturday I ventured out with the huge double stroller and hit the mall and temple square. I love the spring gardens at the temple- Owen had a great time running around on the grass and watching the bees flying in and out of the flowers. Leah was good as gold as usual and sat happily in the stroller all day- what a dream baby she is! That afternoon I took Owen and Leah swimming- we were staying at a place that had an indoor heated pool- what a treat for Owen! He is such a little fish, I am considering buying a pass to the rec center this summer so we can go swimming lots. Leah got in too and loved it- does anybody know where I can buy an infant swimming suit? The smallest size I can find is 12 mo's- so Leah wore one of Owen's swim diapers and everyone at the pool thought she was a boy-
oh well.



Sat night was horrible- poor Terrell had to go back to work and didn't get in till 1 or 2 and Owen wet the bed- none of us slept- except Leah- I told you she was a dream baby. So I am home now, single mom for the whole week, I hope it goes by fast.


Pix for grandma...

I came in the room and found Leah with Owen's cars all over her- what a nice brother to share.













4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

What a fun weekend and even better when it's on Novell's tab! Especially Ruth's Chris-you guys are living the high life! I love the valet stroller story. You've probably already tried Old Navy and Baby Gap but I had gotten swim suits from there when Kylie was little. Glad you had fun and now it's back to reality, huh?

Janessa said...

Sounds like a fun family trip. Welcome to the double stroller club! The thing's huge, but hard to live without once you get used to it. I'm glad Leah is such a good baby. It helps make the transition easier for the two year old when the baby doesn't demand too much attention. The Temple Square pictures are so pretty. I wish we had flowers in bloom already! The close up pictures of Owen and Leah at the end of your entry are so precious! Beautiful kids!

Janessa said...

p.s. I hope your lonely week goes by quickly and smoothly!

Diana said...

aren't you in California right now? Thanks for the comment. I love the phrases two year olds come up with. What kind of double stroller do you have? I will keep a look out for chick at my target. I'm on the look out for Flo--ever since Carter saw her on one of his cups he's been asking for her. She's a random so I'm not sure we'll ever find her! Have fun at Disneyland!